"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A Wonderful Christmas

Hello again!

I really hope and pray you had a nice Christmas!

Where did you go?

...........

What did you eat?

...........

Can you believe it's all over?!

All of the hours of forethought and preparation, and just like that, it's done! 


I really tried to slow down and savor every minute!

But that's hard to do when company's coming!!!

I set my table...


My Roman, who's eight, made the place cards:


Didn't he do a great job?!

If you read my last post, you'll know that my first attempt with these flowers was a giant fail! Haha...

When I got the second batch, I decided to try a different approach.

I put them in the fridge overnight.


If you're decorating with fresh flowers, I'll give you this helpful tip.

I don't know the science behind it. I just know from personal experience, that I can get fresh flowers to last days longer if they're given some fridge time first. 

I put the arrangement together Christmas Eve morning:


And once I was happy with it, I placed it on the table:


YES!

This is how I want it!

(If you're stubborn enough, you'll usually get what you want. Haha... I tend to always think that I know exactly how I want things, and will do whatever it takes to achieve it. That has proven to be both a good and bad thing in my life, hahaha!!!)

Aside from fussing with flowers, I was also making a Christmas Eve morning breakfast:


And preparing the food for our Christmas Eve dinner:


Of course, to have the happiest Christmas, you need to have Children in the mix...

Licking beaters:


Playing in the snow:


And stringing lights in their room:


It takes all these little moments, all woven together, to make a wonderful Christmas!

And, because at Christmas, too much of a good thing is wonderful... We need to add on top of all this, some good-quality family time!

The ham's been cooking, the drinks are set out, the fireplace is on, the back steps have been swept...

Time to light the candles! 


They'll be pulling in soon!


We're ready!


All of our hard work was well worth it!

We had a wonderful Christmas...






Puppy was begging...


Cousins were playing...


And we all gathered around to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus!


Christmas morning we got dressed up and went to church:


Then it was off to Micah's parents' house to visit with his family:


I found time to snuggle with some kiddos before it was time to head home...


Yes, we had a wonderful Christmas!




How about you?

I think about all of you often, and pray that your time spent here on my blog is worthwhile to you!

I look forward to blogging in the New Year!

I love Winter and hope for my next few posts to be about enjoying Winter at home!

Until next time...

xo,

~ Courtney ~



























No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!