"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Snowed In...

Hi friends!

This is just going to be a quick post to say "hello" and to let you see what northern living in April is like...


Isn't it lovely?...


What began as a serene snow storm has upgraded to a blizzard and we are snowed in!

Snow drifts as high as our fence, oh my!


The poor birds must be so thankful for Micah, who keeps their feeders well-stocked in weather like this...


Old man Winter is pitching one of his temper tantrums again. He hates to let Spring have her way.

But we won't let him get the best of us, right?!

Come on inside where it's warm and cozy... I have tea...


You may remember from one of my past posts that we were given a new barn cat recently.

Well, we brought her inside for the storm. 

I just couldn't bear the thought of her suffering out in the cold.

She's been getting properly spoiled here in the house...


And trying out all the soft, cozy napping spots...


She's been a very good girl, so I don't mind.

I have put to good use these snowed-in days...

Using it as a chance to sort through games, toys, and books...


Purging what we no longer need, and tidying what we wish to keep...


It sure feels great to get organized!


It's like a fresh, new start!

I can get so absorbed in my little projects, that I don't even notice what's going on outside.

And before I know it, it'll all be over and I'll be expected to leave my house again.

(Being snowed in is an introverted homebody's dream life! Haha!)

I found out the other day that we are expecting overnight company in the very close future.

They will be with us for two weeks!

I have much to do to get ready for their arrival, as I'm sure you can imagine.

I don't know when I'll be able to blog again, since I still have to keep the homeschool and housework plates spinning, plus our family room project is still not complete. I really wish to make their stay with us as comfortable as I can, so I'll be busy as a bee with that!

(Any advice you can give me for hosting long-term company, I would greatly appreciate!)

So anyway friends, wish me luck, and say a prayer for me. I will need it! Also, feel free to leave a comment. I LOVE hearing from you! Your comments make blogging much more fun!


xo,


~ Courtney ~



4 comments:

  1. I missed you, so I came looking for your cozy, "home making" encouragement. What a wonderful way to look at the piles of snow that made it's way to our front doors so unexpectedly!! We were so ready for spring and so were the birds!! Praying for you as you host guests for a couple of weeks, knowing you'll come through with flying colors with lessons to teach all of us, I just know it!! Looking forward to what's next!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori! I sure hope it's flying colors, and not some new grey hairs. Ha! I appreciate you praying for me!!! I'll be stretched thin for a while. 😊 As always, your comments make my day! Hope you are well!

      Delete
  2. The snow was so pretty! Being snowed in when Matt doesn’t have to work is my favorite! A downside of being able to work at home- when it snows storms during the week, you’re still expected to work- so we were pretty excited it snowed over the weekend!
    I love built in bookshelves!! Yours looks so pretty. Do any of the kids sit up next to the window and read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I have seen them climb the shelves like monkeys.🙄 maybe if I put a pillow in there they would! Haha... We enjoyed having Micah snowed in with us last weekend, too, so I know what you mean!

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!