"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Another Ladies Brunch

 I hosted another Homeschool Mom's brunch today.

I try to host one every six months or so for the ladies in my church.

Many mothers don't want to leave their homes and children, so I feel very honored that they come! 

I actually have an excellent turn out every time.

Today I had a total of seven moms around my table...


It's always a time of encouragement and sweet fellowship.

I love these ladies very much.

I want them to feel like it's sort of a retreat when they come to my house. So, I set a nice table and try to make a pleasant ambience where meaningful, uplifting conversation can take place.

It's good to remember that home is capable of being a place to conduct ministry.

If you have nothing else to offer, in terms of talent or skill, but you have a home, you can use it for God's glory.

With that in mind I decided to create an "Award Ceremony" to highlight the achievements we've had this homeschool year.

About a week ago I let the ladies know to come to the brunch prepared to share a big win from this school year, something they feel they've accomplished.

Then, Roman helped me make professional looking certificates that I could present to each of them.

I really liked how they turned out!

In the working world there are raises, awards, bonuses, and pats on the back for a job well done.

Homeschool mothers forfeit all this when we come home, and know that now we are working for God and not man.

So, just for fun, I wanted to acknowledge their achievements in the home, and remind them that they are doing Kingdom-building work.

They were all good sports to play along with my idea, and we applauded each other and had fun with it!

The awards read like this:

"Certificate of Homeschool Excellence

In recognition for your outstanding talent and profound work."

The verse I included at the bottom is Psalm 138:8...

"The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me;

Your love, O Lord, endures forever-

Do not abandon the works of your hands."

My personal homeschool journey is a work the Lord began and is doing through me. I hope the ladies today found it encouraging for their homeschool journeys, as well.


With each place setting I included a flower seed packet and a poem.

I found this poem in one of my antique books and thought it was very thought-provoking.


It's titled, "The Bravest Battle" by Joaquin Miller

"The bravest battle that was ever fought

Shall I tell you where and when?

On the maps of the world you will find it not,

'Twas fought by the mothers of men.


Nay, not with cannon or battle-shot,

With a sword or noble pen;

Nay, not with eloquent words or thought

From mouths of wonderful men.


But deep in a walled-up woman's heart-

Of a woman that would not yield,

But bravely, silently bore her part-

Lo, there is that battle-field!"


Our morning together went by so fast!

It seemed as though as soon as they came, it was time to say good-bye.

I hand washed all the dishes and tucked everything away back inside my china hutch.

(You can see my tulip inspector, keeping me company as I pack away my silver.)


As I cleaned up I prayed that the ladies left my house feeling encouraged and spoiled.

I can't wait to do another one. 

These brunches bless me, as well.




💐


~ Courtney ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!