"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Spring Decorating

It is still very much Winter here...


It'll be Winter for a while yet, but I couldn't help feeling inspired to bring a little touch of spring into the house.

My living room has looked like this all Fall and Winter...


I really enjoy the hide, fur, pine, and roses in the cold weather months... but by March I feel as though it's a bit too heavy. 

I decided to pack it all away for now, and do something lighter and more colorful for the Spring and Summer seasons.

This is what I came up with...


This certainly feels more like Spring, don't you think?

I am glad I decided to use whites and neutrals for my larger pieces. This way I can change out a look very easily and inexpensively! 

I purchased this adorable Oxalis to freshen this room up, but the car ride home traumatized the poor thing! See how the little white flowers wilted?



My friend (who knows a lot about plants) told me Oxalis like being in the sun. So, I've been following sunbeams around the house with it in an effort to perk it back up!

I hope it works!


I also packed away all my little faux red roses that I love so much...


I pull these out a Christmastime, and have a hard time letting them go when Spring arrives. I just really like the way the red looks in my front room...


But Spring calls for a lighter look. So, my hutch and mantle now look like this...




One of the best ways to decorate for Spring is to use fresh, real plants and flowers! This little white primrose was $1.99 at my local nursery.

I think it's perfect!

Here's another new, live plant in my front room..


When they're on sale, I like to buy orchids for my mantle...


But once they are done, I have to come up with something else to fill this spot.

Right now I have a mix of faux and real with this arrangement in a white pitcher...


One tip that I can give you for putting together faux arrangements that don't look tacky is this: Mix in some real elements along with the fake. In this arrangement, the pine and turkey feathers are real, and everything else is artificial. 

Other than some grocery store tulips in the kitchen,


this is as far as I've gotten with my Spring decorating. 


How has YOUR Spring decorating been coming along?

xo,

~ Courtney ~












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!