"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Friday, July 13, 2018

Before and After Family Room Photos

It was just several weeks after Christmas when we dove head first into renovating our family room.

Do you remember when I showed you this picture?...


This was the Saturday morning in mid-January when Micah began preparing for what would become a half-year project.

It's always real satisfying to see before and after photos side by side. It makes me feel like we've accomplished so much!

So today I'm sharing with you how far we've come in our family room over the last six months. (With a few 'during' shots thrown in, as well!)

Are you up for a picture-heavy post?! Haha...

Let's get started!

I suppose this would be considered the official 'before' photo of the fireplace wall...


The kids are notorious for trashing this room! *eye roll...

The 'during' photos...




Since the previous owners did a lot with dark, earthy colors, my main desire for this house has been to brighten things up!


I find dark houses to be sad and melancholy... I want my home to be light and airy!

SO... bright white paint has become my best friend! 

 

Micah built a new mantle piece for our fireplace...


And finally, (after a lot of late nights working once the kids have been tucked into bed) we have the 'after'!...


I just LOVE it!


(I wanted to move Roman's roller coster creation out of the way for the photo, but he reminded me that it is delicate and precarious to try to move... I remembered that this is a real-life blog! So I agreed to leave it. *smile)


This is what the other side of the room looked like before...


You can see that we decided to keep the wood paneling. It was here when we moved in, but our research on the house has us certain that it's not original. Oh well, we pretend that it is, haha. Micah freshened it up with a new coat of varnish.


'During'...


And the same wall 'after'...


I am very happy with it!


We have an area for some books and baskets of toys...


And a table for bird-watching and putting puzzles together...


My aim wasn't to make this a fancy or fussy room, but just a comfortable place to relax and play.


This is just an overview, so please let me know in the comments if you'd like to see anything close up. I'd be happy to compose a "details" post in the future! 

Also- I didn't include any information in this post about the flooring or chandelier because I've done posts on those already. I'd hate to repeat myself and bore you if you've been following. However, if you're new here and you're interested, you can look up other posts on the progress of our family room under the "Room Makeovers" and "Projects" tabs. They are located on the right hand side of the web version's home page.

Well friends, what do you think?

I am just so pleased with how it turned out!

I wish I could invite each of you over for a cup of coffee and a nice chat in my new family room! We'd have such a lovely time, wouldn't we? We can always chat in the comments, you know! I always love hearing from you!

Hope you're having a wonderful summer.



Check back with me soon...


xo,


~ Courtney ~




6 comments:

  1. You have done a wonderful job with this family room! I like the sign above the couch and all your special touches to make it feel cozy. That bird watching/puzzle table is beautiful. It’s nice to have a spot for other activities in the family room besides TV. I like Roman’s roller coaster creation for the same reason. It is a family room that welcomes the entire family to spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sadie! You’re such a talented decorator yourself, so your words mean so much to me! I am so thankful for a welcoming family room after nine years of living here. Haha! I appreciate your comments! 😊

      Delete
  2. I so enjoy the transformations!! The foresight and talent is such a gift!! What a blessing to SEE the results of your labor!! Again, I know I sound like a broken record, but this is SO inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the broken record, haha, because it’s so encouraging to me! 😉 But yes, I love walking through my house and seeing the fruits of our labor. It makes me feel like we’ve accomplished so much!

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!