"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Elsa Pickle

Yesterday was Elsa's Fourth birthday...


My baby isn't a baby anymore.

*sniff!


When I was pregnant with her I asked my other children what we should name her, and Nola (who was three at the time) suggested, "Elsa Pickle."


We laughed, but to this day we call her Elsa Pickle.

(Elsa with one of her brothers...)


Some family jokes just stick! Haha...

(Mama and Elsa on the day she was born...)


She has been an absolute delight for the past four years!

I can't imagine our family, or my life, without her!

(Elsa's birthday breakfast...)


She wakes me up each day by coming into my room, sticking her little face close to mine and saying, "Mama, it's morning!!!"

And every night at bedtime she asks if I'd sing her, "Lullaby." So I sit on her bed and sing to her each night, sometimes three or four rounds of it if she asks me to keep going, haha... I never say no.

We have a sweet and special bond.


Prayers I have prayed over her...

That the Lord will grant her repentance at a young age,

and she will come to know Jesus as her Lord and Savior.

That she will always have a tender heart for God's Word,

and seek Him and serve Him all the days of her life.


That I will be a good mama for her,

and the Lord will keep her safe and feeling loved.

That she will have a heart for obedience and a heart that loves truth...

and a mouth that only ever speaks what is right and true.

I've prayed that

The Lord will bless her with godly friends

and a husband someday who loves God and His ways.


I've asked that

Her husband will be a good fit for our family, and treats her well...

That her womb will be opened and blessed.

And that I will be available to help her with her babies and alive to watch them grow.

I've prayed that

She will be a better and wiser mother than I, and that each generation after me will only get stronger and better.


I've asked that

Any pain or heartache that enters her life will cause her to run after God and love Him deeper. That it will be used for good and ultimately prove to be a blessing in her life.

I have thanked God for giving her to me and consider her a joy and a gift!


"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward."
- Psalm 127:3

What a wonderful four years with my Elsa Pickle!


I look forward to seeing what God does in her life as the years progress.

Thanks for reading, friends!

I hope you have a fun and safe 4th of July!

We're off to see a parade!!!


xo,


 ~ Courtney ~

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Elsa! Courtney, I can't remember how I stumbled upon your blog, but I'm glad I did! Your blog has been such an encouragement to me as a new homemaker. -Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so happy to hear that, Alyssa! Your words have encouraged ME! It’s readers like you that inspire me to keep writing!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Elsa! I got a bit misty-eyed reading the Mama’s Prayer over her baby ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Jenni! I hope I see it all come to fruition. 😊

      Delete
  3. Where has the time flown!!?? What a blessing ~ literally ~ to have a Mom that prays over you!! Again, your inspiration is motivational and such a reminder of our purpose here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori! Yes, the time really has flown by! I hope I see the answered prayers in my lifetime!

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!