"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Christmas Corners

~ Happy December! ~




πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

 It seems that I have taken an accidental blogging hiatus.

That happens sometimes, and I really don't know why.

There have been topics I've wanted to write about, but for one reason or another I can't seem to sit myself down at my computer.

I've even jotted down notes for these pending blog entries. But alas, the notes just seem to semi-exist, as the more pressing matters of the day take precedence. So there they sit, next to my daily to-do list, getting knocked around my desk day after day. 

Then what happens, when these hiatuses occur, is that I'll receive a call or text from a friend (usually about some unrelated issue) and they'll casually slip in something like, "Hey, have you stopped blogging?"

I love it when this happens.

A loving nudge from a friend is good motivation.

Today's post isn't going to be about any of those interesting and thought-provoking topics that are scribbled down on notes. Maybe I'll get to those one of these days. Lately I've done a little Christmas decorating, and thought it'd be fun to share that instead.


Several years ago I saw a photo in an old Victoria magazine of a homeowner who used red roses in their Christmas decor. I was so inspired that I've used red roses myself ever since.

I've titled this entry "Christmas Corners" because my method of displaying the roses is to tuck them in here and there around the house.

Like this...











I even found an antique pot holder with a red rose on it in a thrift shop a year or so ago. I love to hang it above my sink at Christmas...


I also like to use fresh pine and boxwood from my yard in some vignettes, too.

In the kitchen...





On my mantle...





And of course, twinkly lights at night...


My home is very old therefore I believe it's best to stick with traditional decor schemes.

I'm not a big trend chaser anyway, so it suits me just fine.

It's better to decorate in accordance with what's best for the house, than what the commercial world tells us to buy.


"She is not enslaved to advertisement or the fashion of the moment, but will think primarily of the needs of that house."

- Modern Priscilla Home Furnishing Book, 1925


If you find what you like and what works perfectly for your home, the look should last for many years.

Like my red roses. 

🌹🌹🌹

I haven't tired of them yet, and my old-fashioned home continues to accept them year after year with no trouble. 


I am enjoying all the little Christmas corners around the house.

It gives my work at home a fresh, new feeling!

🌹

"If your surroundings are cheerless and ugly, you will only be conscious of the work to be done and of the desire to finish that you may be free to seek pleasanter quarters."

- Modern Priscilla Home Furnishing Book, 1925


I hope to be back writing again soon, friends.


Until then...


xo,


~ Courtney ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!