"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Fifteen Years

 Today is my wedding anniversary!

✨ 💍 ✨

This stunning bouquet was awaiting me this morning.


Fifteen roses. 

🌹

One for each year we've been married.


I am battling a mild head cold, and the weather's been gloomy and rainy.

That's a perfect combination for a melancholy day.

But before I let today slip into the ordinary, I better take a moment to make it special by "marking" it with a photo and a few sentiments. 


I have been reading through the book of Ecclesiastes lately, which is good timing since it seems to contain a fair amount of wisdom for life, marriage, and happiness.

I have always appreciated King Solomon's frankness in this book.

As someone who has been on the hamster wheel of laundry, meals, and homeschool lessons, I can relate to his outcry of, "Meaningless! Meaningless!"

But then he comes around to a more comforting viewpoint and admits that, "There is nothing better than to be happy and do good while you live." -Ecc. 3:12. To, "... accept your lot and be happy." -Ecc. 4:19

Marriage and family life will have its hard times, and its pleasant times.

"When times are good, be happy, but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other." -Ecc. 7:14


Tomorrow morning we leave for a short trip to celebrate.

I am looking forward to it very much!

When we get away just the two of us, which is usually every anniversary, we like to talk about our kids and our vision for our family.

We talk about each of our children's strengths, weaknesses, talents, and how we can help them grow their skills.

Micah and I have similar values, and our beliefs are practically identical. This has made raising kids together so easy!

I completely trust him and his character, and for that I feel the children and I are quite blessed.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return on their work." -Ecc. 4:9

We have had a good fifteen years, and I have felt the hand of the Lord strongly upon our marriage.

"A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." -Ecc. 4:12



(Friday, March 23, 2007)



💐


~ Courtney 

2 comments:

  1. Leigh Ann Bookhout-KohneMarch 24, 2022 at 9:56 PM

    My first time reading your blog. My curiosity about your anniversary lead me to look. I have no idea how you do all that you do but it is a lovely site. Perhaps I'll visit again. (I did share it to someone just a day or so ago. I hope they will read it as well) Have a wonderful few days in celebration. Leigh

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!