"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Friday, March 4, 2022

Owl Wallpaper

 I have recently completed a fun project in my bedroom.

I am quite pleased with the result.


It all started when we upgraded to a king size bed. A decorating dilemma presented itself... I found I was not attracted to the king size headboards currently on the market.

Why do we need a headboard?

Ultimately the decision was made that we would just use this architectural salvage mantlepiece we already had.


One thing led to another, as the wall behind the bed still seemed a bit empty, and I found this monochromatic owl wallpaper.


I know it's not to everyone's taste, but it felt charming and whimsical to me.

So I ordered a sample.

First, I walked the sample around my house. I knew the paper would only be in my bedroom, but it's important to me that my whole house flows and makes sense. If a pattern or color works in one area, I want it to work everywhere.

Then the sample lived taped onto my bedroom wall for about a week as I watched how the light hit it throughout the day and how it made me feel.


Wallpaper can be expensive and tricky to install, but there are some plus sides to it. Once you get the hang of it, it's instant gratification. Unlike paint, there's no dry time or second coat needed. Once it's up, it's done! But one should be warned that, because of pattern repeats, there is a lot of waste with wallpaper. There's no way around it. Always order more than you think you need.

(Note: if you receive any gifts from me wrapped in this owl paper, you will know why! 😂)

My room was in a bit of an upheaval while I worked on the project...


And I was a total stress ball hanging the mantlepiece and pictures back on this wall after all my hard work!


But I'm very happy I did it.

To me it feels soothing, and like a layer of richness was added to the room.


I am very lucky Micah lets me do what I want to the house. I personally think men should. If a woman spends most of her life at home, she should have it fixed up how she likes it.





This house has been very patient with me over the years. We have put her through many design triumphs as well as some defeats. But with all our renovations my goal has always been to create a home suitable for this 100-year old farmhouse. 

If walls could talk I would like to think she would tell me she's pleased.


🏡


Thanks for stopping by my blog today, friends.


xo,


~ Courtney 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!