"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Monday, June 27, 2022

Enjoying All Weather and a Start to Our Next Project

 Country living has made me who I am in so many ways. 


I have stepped on every bit of this land. 

I know these trails by heart.

 I have put seeds in the ground with full faith that they will grow.

A serene moment here, in silence, except for the restorative sound of birds and crickets, is my cure for almost anything!


I didn't want to leave the city, but now that I've been out here (this is the longest I've lived in one spot!) I can't imagine life any other way.

One valuable lesson it's taught me is how to enjoy all weather.

I don't like to hear people complain about weather. I tend to think, if someone will complain about something as far out of our control as weather, there's probably no end to what they'll complain about!

We are just coming down off of 90 degree heat. I enjoyed it very much. It felt luxurious to spend our days down at the pond, playing music and relaxing in the water.


But this morning we awoke to a refreshing 57 degrees. A welcomed change.

I opened the windows to air out the house.


The cool breeze on my afternoon walk was lovely.

In the fall these trails crunch under our feet, and we gather fire orange leaves to take home for a bouquet.

Winter walks feel stone quiet and frigid, and we gather pinecones to take home, along with berries to place in the bird feeder.

A mid-summer walk is a different event. We watch the bugs and squirrels scamper about in warm sunshine, and we gather wildflowers.


A few sights around my home this summer...









(As long as my Christmas poinsettia is still doing well, I see no reason why I should pitch it.)

All lovely sights until this one...


My kitchen pantry had to be completely emptied the other day for the plumber to get in there to work.

We are having a half-bath put in upstairs that I'm very excited about!

The new pipes run down the inside of my pantry. The plumber was very careful, tucked the new pipe discreetly in the corner, then vacuumed up the mess before he left. I was very pleased with him.



After he left I took the opportunity to clean out the pantry before I moved everything back.

Even though the pantry looks the same as it did before I emptied it, it still is satisfying to know the shelves have been scrubbed down, expired food has been pitched, and everything is placed back in a tidy way.


This year our home is 110 years old! 

Priorities were different in those days. When taking on an old house one must realize there will be tiny closets, and even tinier bathrooms!

We've made do just fine with our two little bathrooms, but installing a half-bath upstairs is something we've wanted to do for a while now, so it feels great to finally start on the project.

I will certainly be back here to document the progress.

In the meantime, I plan to enjoy this glorious summer.


- 👒 ~ 🌳 ~ 👒 -


~ Courtney 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!