"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Happy Easter

 An Easter morning from years gone by...

These are my grandparents with my dad, aunt and uncle as children.

I especially like my aunt and grandmother's white Easter bonnets.

Although I'm sure we won't look as snazzy as this, I have my family's clothes hung and ready for tomorrow, as well as the tables set for Easter lunch.


I still have to set out the silverware. 

That requires me to dig out my heavy, wooden box of silver from the very bottom of my china hutch, which I've been putting off all day.

Instead of names on the place cards, I decided to write a Bible verse on each one that we will read together as a family before the prayer.

I carefully selected the verses and placed them in order around the table.

In keeping with the theme of the centerpiece, as each person takes their turn to read, it will tell the story of Jesus' birth, sacrifice, and resurrection. 

The kids' table is in the kitchen...


It's all about spring bunnies!



These plates, as well as the ones on the main table, are from Hobby Lobby. They're so pretty but paper thin. I hope that won't be a problem for my guests!

It certainly will make my life easier during clean-up!

I am fortunate that everyone is bringing a dish to pass tomorrow, so all I'll have to do is put the ham in before I leave for church.

I also bought a bakery cake and will make a large salad.

I hope you all have a beautiful Easter with family and friends.

🌸

~ Courtney 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!