"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Home Sweet Home from Washington D.C.

Our family just returned home from a spring trip to Washington DC.

🌷🌷🌷

I do enjoy touring new places, but I am unashamedly a homebody, so arranging for a trip feels bittersweet to me.

It's fun to think about waking up in a new city, yet I don't want to leave my home.

The daily rhythms I am accustomed to provide so much comfort for me.

The hum of the dryer, the smell of the coffee ...

The sound of the furnace clicking on, and my children playing their piano pieces ...


Home sweet home is my respite from the world and a good friend to me.

But I packed some springtime clothes and said goodbye.

Before we left I Googled, What people wear to tour Washington DC, and found this adorable young lady in a pink skirt with a trench style coat.


This is not my photo, and I don't know who this is, but she looks like she's living her best life, breathing in the fragrance of the cherry blossoms around her.

I hadn't thought about packing my trench coat, but she inspired me, as you can see...



The cherry blossoms, daffodils, and tulips were in full bloom!





What a joy it was to walk around such a historic and fun city!


I was worried about how my hip would do with so much walking, but with public transportation and trolley tours, we managed just fine.

While there, we celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary.


I was glad to have the kids along to help us celebrate, and also to provide them with a cultural experience.

Having lived in the countryside all their lives, it was educational for them to learn how to navigate a large city and comfortably use the Metro system.

Yes, comfortably is the key word, haha... They became so accustomed to it they'd goof off!


What a memorable week it was.

 I plan to add more photos in another post, but for tonight I am reestablishing my home rhythms that I've missed.

It feels wonderful to be settling back in -

listening to the hum of the dryer and the piano playing...


~ Ahhhh ~

Home sweet home.


💐


~ Courtney 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!