"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thanksgiving Preparations

Friends! 

It has been too long!


I have missed you!

I never mean to take blogging breaks, honest! 

It just sort of happens!

I always know when it's time to sit down at my computer again, too, because I'll get a few texts from sweet friends asking why there are no new posts! Haha...

Well, November is a meaningful (and busy!) month for our family, because two of my children celebrate birthdays this month, as well as my grandmother!

(She's turning 80 this year!)

We celebrated Roman's 10th birthday at a local waterpark...


It sure is jarring to go from frigid 20-something degree weather to a bathing suit and pool water!

But you know kids... They don't care!

We had a blast!


And we'll celebrate Nola and my grandma tomorrow...

(Since she is my kids' great-grandma, they call her GG.)

I had this purple cake made because purple is Nola's most favorite color!


Are you ready to celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow?

I am hosting this year, so I've been a busy bee scrubbing bathrooms, setting tables, and making casseroles!

It's been a lot of fun!

Do you like my Thanksgiving table?


I absolutely love having family in my home, so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!

There will be 15 of us altogether.


I have been slowing reading through William Bradford's account titled, Of Plymouth Plantation. The book is his personal journal about the Pilgrims' Atlantic crossing aboard the Mayflower, and their brutal and extremely harsh first winter here. So, I feel this Thanksgiving has a richer meaning for me than usual. The sacrifice and the loss that these brave, early Americans endured is what's been fresh on my mind lately.

We are so blessed!

In Puritan New England
A year had passed away
Since first beside the Plymouth coast
The English Mayflower lay.

When Bradford, the good Governor,
Sent fowlers forth to snare
The turkey and the wild fowl,
To increase the scanty fare-

Give thanks unto the Lord of Hosts,
By whom we all are fed,
Who granted us our daily prayer,
"Give us our daily bread!"

By us and by our children 
Let this day be kept for aye,
In memory of His bounty,
As the land's Thanksgiving Day.

- Alice Williams Brotherton 


Happy Thanksgiving, friends!


xo,


~ Courtney ~

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table you have set!! I love that you teach some of us 'late bloomers" to prepare more ahead in order to enjoy what's important. Thank you for the down to earth encouragement.
    I did just that, even more, this year and it made a huge impact, mostly on me. ;-) We celebrated Wednesday afternoon and evening in order to free up some time for those needing to travel on Thanksgiving day. What a blessing we have to celebrate with family in our home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a blessing! I agree! I’m glad you had a nice holiday. If the hostess is relaxed, then it makes for a relaxing experience for everybody! Thanks so much for your comments!

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!