"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Friday, March 24, 2023

Christmas Eve

 "Christmas Eve"


🎄

My table's set

It's almost here,

My family comes to me

This time each year.


They come through snow

From far and wide,

To eat at my table

And be by my side.


I've worked hard

Progress has been made,

So Christmas 2020 

Will not be delayed.


I've pressed the napkins

Washed the sheets on the guest bed,

Light the candles! build a fire!

This is Christmas at the homestead.


Follow the recipes, frost the cookies

Don't forget to make the dressing,

What a joy to show my children

That to host is to be a blessing.


Never does my home

Feel more dignified,

Than within its walls

We are together, starry-eyed.


So, relax! Enjoy!

It's Christmas Eve,

Let's laugh, eat, be merry

And believe! 

🌟🌟🌟


(Christmas Eve 2020)


~ Courtney 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!