"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

The Kitchen Table

Inspiration strikes at the most random times. When the floodgates of ideas open, I will frantically search for the nearest scrap of paper or napkin to jot down the poems that invade my mind. As a result, I have multiple pieces of poetry written in various notebooks scattered throughout the house. Time to get organized! Since I started this blog as a record keeping journal for my family, my plan is to gather all my amateur poetry, (probably no more than half a dozen, honestly) and park them here on the blog for safekeeping. One per post is all I have time for, so consider this your warning on what's ahead for the next few posts. FYI, Micah writes poetry, too, and is far better than me! If I get his permission I'd like to include some of his gems, as well.





 "The Kitchen Table"


Around this table 

Dreams are born;

Holidays celebrated

And values formed.


Laundry stands folded

Meals are served;

Prayers are prayed

Criticism reserved.


The Bible is read

Cakes set to cool;

Watercolor's been tried

Books, papers, and school.


Children are growing

Laugher is shared;

Tea time observance

Negativity is spared.


Understanding is practiced

We love as we're able;

May we never outgrow

The Kitchen Table.









(In honor of our sixteenth wedding anniversary coming up next week, this poem was written as a nod to the fact that our kitchen table was a wedding gift from family.)


Thanks for reading,

~ Courtney 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!