"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Happy Tractor


 "Happy Tractor"


The leaves are falling

The corn is calling

Out to the tractor to come.


He will reap what he's sown

The harvest he's grown

To feed the family in winter.


"Come," said the corn

"Do not look forlorn,

I have grown and I am ready."


Under a sky of blue

Happy tractor pursues

Each row in a careful way.


Raven and Sparrow

Watch with delight

Happy Tractor's hard work day and night.


"Come," said the corn

"You are almost through."

Happy Tractor will finish before winter's grey hue.


The snow is falling

The barn is calling 

Out to the tractor to come.


He will nestle in tight

For winter's strong might

Will bestow Happy Tractor with rest.


(October 2022)


Happy Tractor was inspired by a nature walk last autumn that was buzzing with noise from the farmer next door. I told the kids he sounds like a happy tractor getting ready for harvest. This spiraled into an impromptu poetry writing session among the children and I. They threw out ideas and rhyming words as we walked, and I put it all together once we got back to the house.


🚜



Thanks for reading,


~ Courtney 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!