"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Cupid is Coming and a Nature Walk

 

I walked all the way to my swing for the first time since surgery!

We've been experiencing unseasonably mild temperatures lately and lost our snow, leaving a drab landscape. But the bright blue skies and warmer weather have been a delight!



My physical therapist recently gave me the green light to begin walking on my trails again, as long as I'm careful.

He advised me to not worry about walking fast or walking for too long, but to focus on walking well, going just a little farther each time.

Which is how I ended up comfortably at my swing.

Micah came with me to help me watch out for divots that might make me trip, and also to keep me company.

I have my range of motion back, and most of my strength has returned. The focus now is returning to my natural gait as I walk. It's important to me that I don't develop a limp as I heal, so with the help of PT and family members, (who will point out if I'm walking with a hitch) my current state in recovery is forcing myself to walk straight, balanced, and well. 

We went through the meadow on our way back to the house.



And while we're on the topic of walking, I'd like to provide updated information on something I recommended in a previous post... The virtual walking I watch on YouTube is a channel called Out and About Walking. 

I had just mentioned one of the episodes, but there are many to watch. I find them so uplifting and relaxing. 

💘💘💘

But the current project around here is preparing for our family's traditional Red Dinner in honor of St. Valentine.


Elsa helped me set the table, and Nola is making sugar heart cookies.





On the menu for our romantic dinner for six: 

Lasagna
Fresh salad with bright red tomato slices
Garlic toast
Fruit salad
Nola's cookies
Red fruit punch



The house cat fulfilling his duty as the family's gargoyle. 

(Or maybe he's just watching me hang a string of heart garland.) 

Either way, he amuses me.

😉



"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is how to love and be loved in return."



Cupid is coming! I'm off to get ready....

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

💐

~ Courtney 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!